Friday, June 5, 2009

Vintage Find-Shakespeare's Complete Works 1800's

So on one of my many Garage Sale/ Estate sale hunt I cam across this great set. They were selling a ton of books, looks like they own a book store and maybe getting rid of some stock. I hope they meant to have these out, cause they are amazing. It a complete set of Shakespeare's writings, There's a signature on the inside with the date Nov. 9th 1879. It has beautiful gold foil on the cover and binding. All the pages seem to be in place and the binding in tack though the cover on a few is a little detached. I paid $1 for each book and I'm curious to see what they are worth.


Each book has this amazing gold leaf design on the cover and the sides also have gold leaf text.


Books set of 4
-Shakespeare's Complete Works - Illustrated
-Shakespeare - Tragedies
-Shakespeare - Comedies
-Shakespeare -Histories



There are many pages filled with beautiful illustrations such as this and they all have that protective sheet bonded into the book I guess to preserve it over the years


I couldn't find a date as to when the book was made but the signature inside was
dated Nov. 19 1879

1 comment:

  1. I love these old books. I had to get addiction treatment for my problem with hunting down antiques.

    ReplyDelete