Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vintage Find-View Master

After one of my weekends of antique browsing I came across this View Master. It's from Sawyer's, Inc. It is a Model "C" Sawyers View-Master in black bakelite with a metal advance. It was made in Portland, Oregon. It's aged but in excellent condition and works fine. It's a later model probably made in the 40's or early 50's. What I've seen when researching it, most date the "C" model between 1946-1955. It came with 11 reels listed below. When I was little I always loved looking thru view master. It's a childhood must! A great find..paid around $30 for it. I would love to find more fun reels for it.

221-Los Angeles, California -USA 175-Navajo Indians New Mexico & Arizona- USA 51-Garden of the Gods Colorado 286-Indian Tribal Ceremonial Gallup New Mexico-USA 22-Crater Lake Nat'l Park Oregon II 294- Indian Arts and Crafts New Mexico USA 27-Grand Canyon National Park South RIM-II Arizona, USA 26-Grand Canyon National Park South RIM-I Arizona, USA 16-Bryce Canyon National Park Utah-I USA 17-Bryce Canyon National Park Utah-II USA 132 Yosemite National Park Californai USA II 277-Autumn Foliage of New England USA




1 comment:

  1. Are you still looking for reels? I have a huge bakelite box full that I was thinking of posting on ebay.

    ReplyDelete